MOMENTUM Summer Program
Wish your kids could have a blast in the summer and gain academically? At Thornwell, they can.
MOMENTUM, Thornwell’s summer program for kids, provides fun, physical activities during the weekdays of summer. And it also offers remediation and acceleration for both math and reading. Your children can have a summer experience like no other.
At the beginning of the summer, each child’s academic levels in reading and math are evaluated. Then, Thornwell staff develops an individualized plan for each child. Whether a child is behind in school, at grade level, or excelling academically, MOMENTUM is tailored to challenge children individually and help them reach their personal goals. Parents are kept informed and receive a growth report at the end of the summer showing their child’s achievements over the 10-week period.
Thornwell’s campus offers a wealth of opportunities for fun and exploration. Through weekly themes, such as nature, science, and history, children in the MOMENTUM Summer Program participate in activities that are fun, exciting, and educational. Ball fields, a gymnasium, recreation facilities, a working farm, and a swimming pool are also on campus.
To register or find out more, please call MOMENTUM director Marianne Hollingsworth at 864-938-2795 or complete the form below.
We can’t wait to see your child this summer at Thornwell.
About the MOMENTUM program:
- Hours are 7:30am to 5:30pm on weekdays (Mon – Fri).
- MOMENTUM is for children ages four to 12 years. Middle school session is possible with enough interest.
- Spots are filled with full-time children first. Families that plan to participate for nine weeks are accepted before families that plan to be in attendance part of the time.
- A non-refundable registration fee is required and includes the cost of a MOMENTUM t-shirt that your child keeps at the end of the summer.
- Early registration for the next session starts in February 2018. Stay tuned for details!
Thornwell Learning Center and After-School Tutoring
Thornwell children who live on campus in Clinton SC, attend local public schools. Those who need academic support come to the Learning Center in the afternoons after school. Thornwell’s Learning Center has a computer center, a fully stocked library, and 16 to 18 tutors helping the children with homework and challenging subjects.
Generally, the circumstances that bring a child to Thornwell also cause education not to be a priority in the home. Most children come to Thornwell behind grade level as much as one to two years. However, with support and hard work, most are able to catch up within a few months.